Thursday, September 27, 2007

What is Ayun Halliday reading?

The latest contributor to Writers Read: Ayun Halliday, author of Dirty Sugar Cookies: Culinary Observations, Questionable Taste and other works.

Halliday "has an absolutely incisive wit, and a remarkably deft way with words," Ken Albala recently wrote, and that is clearly evident in her entry, so please read on.

One title that popped up in her write-up:
Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk whose name I can never pronounce or spell without assistance. I loved the repetitive description of one character as a 'big moosie." I loved that this was in this macho phenomenon that everybody, even me, has heard about by now. I remember renting the movie shortly after it came out and being surprised at how good it was.
Writers Read: Ayun Halliday.

--Marshal Zeringue