Sunday, November 18, 2007

Jack Getze's "Big Numbers," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Jack Getze's Big Numbers.

Jack Getze sold stocks and bonds for a regional securities firm on the New Jersey Shore after a career as a reporter for the Los Angeles Herald-Examiner and the Los Angeles Times, where he covered financial and economic issues for more than 15 years.

Big Numbers is based on his experiences as a retail broker, sales manager, and financial executive.

About the casting of a film version of the novel, he writes:
I can't remember who I had in mind as Austin Carr twenty years ago when I started Big Numbers. But I rewrote Austin's first-person account two years ago with several pictures of Vince Vaughn pinned above my computer. I even have a shot of Vince posted on my Austin Carr's Crime Diary blog. The headline -- Only a Rumor Vince Wants the Part.

In fact, since Big Numbers is the first in a series, and I'm working on number three right now, the pictures of Vince Vaughn are still up. He's obviously my choice to play Austin in any movie. Vince's ability to crack wise with a straight face, the natural way he wears a business suit, and his ability to charm the ladies make him perfect for the part.

For the part of Kelly Burns, the pretty redhead who lures Austin astray, I've always had in mind...[read on]
Learn more about Jack Getze, Big Numbers, and Big Money -- the second Austin Carr Mystery due out in February 2008 -- at Getze's website and The Crimes of Austin Carr blog.

The Page 69 Test: Big Numbers.

My Book, The Movie: Big Numbers.

--Marshal Zeringue