Monday, October 19, 2009

Sarah Bryant's "The Other Eden," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: The Other Eden by Sarah Bryant.

The entry begins:
I'm a very image-driven writer. I have a lot of visual art in my background and present-ground, and I love films, but oddly, the only book I've written where I pictured specific actors in my lead roles is The Other Eden. And even that is problematic, as you'll see! But taking a stab at it, In Order of Appearance:

The first characters we meet are Eve and Elizabeth, a very young pair of identical twins. They are meant to be dark-haired, large-eyed ingenues. Although she didn't 'exist' in the public realm when I wrote the first draft of this book (it was 1990, I was 16!) I think now that Norah Jones would be perfect for them. Plus, she plays the piano, and they're meant to be piano virtuosi...

Next is the narrator and main character, Eleanor Rose. She is actually my hardest character to 'cast'. She's meant to be blond, dark-eyed, fragile, and very young. I always imagined...[read on]
Sarah Bryant was born in Brunswick, Maine, USA and attended Brown University in Rhode Island, USA. In 1996 she moved to Scotland to do an MLitt in creative writing at University of St. Andrews, and ended up marrying a Scot and settling in the UK. She now lives with her husband and daughter in the Scottish Borders, where along with writing she doubles as a teacher of Celtic harp, and occasionally triples as a printmaker.

Learn more about the book and author at Sarah Bryant's website.

My Book, The Movie: The Other Eden.

--Marshal Zeringue