Thursday, September 29, 2011

Terra Elan McVoy's "The Summer of Firsts and Lasts," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: The Summer of Firsts and Lasts by Terra Elan McVoy.

The entry begins:
When I was writing The Summer of Firsts and Lasts, the whole thing was such a movie in my head,that it’s hard to think about what it would look like as a movie in real life! That said, I think I was definitely influenced by summer camp movies while I was writing, including Little Darlings and Wet Hot American Summer. At least in terms of getting the energy and tone of summer camp down.

Since tone is so important, I’d ask Amy Heckerling, director of Clueless, one of my favorite teen films, to direct. Though the characters and settings in that film and my book are all really different, I think she’d get the fun, bouncy, teenage-drama vibe just right.

In terms of casting, I wouldn’t want...[read on]
Visit Terra Elan McVoy's website, Facebook page, and Twitter perch.

Terra Elan McVoy is also the author of Pure and After the Kiss.

My Book, The Movie: The Summer of Firsts and Lasts.

--Marshal Zeringue