Monday, August 20, 2012

Suzanne Desrochers's "Bride of New France," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Bride of New France by Suzanne Desrochers.

The entry begins:
Bride of New France has actually been optioned for film in Canada so hopefully I will have the opportunity to see actors playing my characters soon enough!

I'm not sure who I would specifically cast, but Laure would need to be played by a young actress (like Scarlett Johansson in Lost in Translation only dark haired and preferably French). I think it should be a French/CanAm co-production to ensure authenticity in the Salpêtrière scenes in Paris, French language, etc. Again, the role of Deskaheh would be best played by an up and coming young First Nations actor (preferably Canadian). I would love to see the midwife, Madame Rouillard, played by...[read on]
Visit Suzanne Desrochers' webpage, and learn more about Bride of New France at the publisher's website.

My Book, The Movie: Bride of New France.

--Marshal Zeringue