Saturday, January 26, 2013

Roberta Gately's "The Bracelet," the movie

This weekend's feature at My Book, The Movie: The Bracelet by Roberta Gately.

The entry begins:
As with so many writers, when I write, the scenes and characters play out in my thoughts much like a movie, and I can easily imagine The Bracelet on the big screen. I've already created my dream cast which would include Amanda Seyfried as Abby Monroe. She exudes the bright young nurse image for me. For Nick Sinclair -- I'd go for the real-life brash and bold James Franco to play the New York Times reporter Nick. I think he can instill just the right amount of arrogance into Nick.

For secondary characters -- Uncle Imtiaz -- Paul...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Roberta Gately's website, and follow the author on Facebook and Twitter.

Gately  has served as a nurse and humanitarian aid worker in war zones ranging from Afghanistan to Africa, about which she wrote a series of articles for the BBC World News Online. She is also the author of the novel Lipstick in Afghanistan.

Writers Read: Roberta Gately (November 2010).

The Page 69 Test: Lipstick in Afghanistan.

My Book, The Movie: Lipstick in Afghanistan.

My Book, The Movie: The Bracelet.

--Marshal Zeringue