Sunday, February 10, 2013

Top 10 laugh-out-loud reads for 5-8-year-olds

Joanna Nadin is a bestselling British author of middle grade, teen and YA fiction, a speechwriter, and a former Special Advisor to the Prime Minister.

Nadin writes the Penny Dreadful series for younger readers. Her latest YA novel is Paradise.

One of ten top laugh-out-loud reads for 5-8-year-olds the author named at the Guardian:
The Sneetches and Other Stories by Dr Seuss

I first read these aged five; I first read them to my daughter aged one; we both still read them today aged nine, and a lot more. The Sneetches is a wonderfully framed lesson in difference and tolerance, but my favourite is the cautionary tale of Mrs McCave, who had 23 sons, and she named them all Dave.
Read about another entry on the list.

My Book, The Movie: Paradise.

--Marshal Zeringue