Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Brenda Janowitz's "Recipe for a Happy Life," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Recipe for a Happy Life by Brenda Janowitz.

The entry begins:
Oooh, this one’s tough, because one of the main characters in the book is a 76 year old grandmother, and there aren’t exactly a ton of 76 year-old grandmothers running around. Or, if there are, we don’t get to see them that often. Hollywood likes ‘em young, I think.

I think Joan Collins would be perfect to play the part of Hannah’s grandmother, Vivienne, the glamorous widow six times over, but my editor likes Shirley MacLaine. (Joan, Shirley, call me!)

The granddaughter, Hannah, is at a place in her life where she’s really lost. We’d need an actress who could really express...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Brenda Janowitz's website.

My Book, The Movie: Recipe for a Happy Life.

--Marshal Zeringue