Thursday, November 28, 2013

Tea Krulos's "Heroes in the Night," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Heroes in the Night: Inside the Real Life Superhero Movement by Tea Krulos.

The entry begins:
My book Heroes in the Night: Inside the Real Life Superhero Movement is non-fiction, one of those stories that proves truth is sometimes stranger than fiction. The book chronicles average, everyday people that belong to a secretive sub-culture, a movement of people calling themselves Real Life Superheroes (or RLSH.) They invent their own superhero identities and do charity events, activism, even patrol the streets looking for crime.

The two RLSH I spent the most time with were my own hometown Milwaukee heroes, the Watchman and Blackbird. I think we should have Val Kilmer and Edward Norton, respectively, for their roles. Seasoned actors, both with superhero experience (Batman Forever and The Incredible Hulk.)

Minnesota RLSH also were met several times. Geist (of Rochester, MN), the “Emerald Cowboy” could easily be played by...[read on]
Visit the Heroes in the Night blog and Facebook page.

My Book, The Movie: Heroes in the Night.

--Marshal Zeringue