Monday, April 14, 2014

Yvette Manessis Corporon's "When The Cypress Whispers," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: When The Cypress Whispers by Yvette Manessis Corporon.

The entry begins:
If they made a movie of When The Cypress Whispers I think hands down, Olympia Dukakis would make the perfect Yia-yia, the wise Greek grandmother. A Greek American herself, Olympia embodies all of the warmth, sass and spirit of Yia-yia. I’d love to sit with her over an afternoon cup of kafe and have her read my Greek coffee cup. Even if she didn’t know what she was doing, I’m sure she’d make it up and it would all be magical and perfect and spot on – just like her accent.

As for Daphne, our hardworking, confused, trapped between two cultures single mom, I think Rachel...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Yvette Corporon's website.

Writers Read: Yvette Manessis Corporon.

My Book, The Movie: When The Cypress Whispers.

--Marshal Zeringue