Saturday, May 17, 2014

Bethany Crandell's "Summer on the Short Bus," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Summer on the Short Bus by Bethany Crandell.

The entry begins:
I’m a visual writer, so it’s imperative that I have an image of a character in my head as I’m writing otherwise the details of that character will never fully develop. Here’s how I would cast some of the roles in Summer on the Short Bus.

Cricket: The word-vomiting, bitchy m/c.
AnnaSophia Robb (The Carrie Diaries) is my dream actress for this role. She can do snarky, cute, endearing and frustrating all at the same time--which is what we need to pull off a complicated, unlikeable character like Cricket.

Quinn: The love interest & Zac Efron lookalike.
This kid is Efron’s doppelgänger, so...[read on]
Visit Bethany Crandell's website.

The Page 69 Test: Summer on the Short Bus.

My Book, The Movie: Summer on the Short Bus.

--Marshal Zeringue