Sunday, July 27, 2014

Five books that changed Dav Pilkey

Dav Pilkey has written and illustrated numerous popular, award-winning books for children, including the Captain Underpants and Dumb Bunnies series.

One of five books that changed him, as shared with the Sydney Morning Herald:
Peanuts Treasury - Charles M. Schulz

I grew up with ADHD and dyslexia, so reading was a real challenge for me as a kid. Struggling through a book was difficult and boring, so I avoided it whenever I could. My teachers weren't fans of these books. I still remember one librarian telling me that they weren't even real books at all. It didn't matter. They got me to read. They held my attention. And the more time I spent poring through these books, the more proficient I became at reading. These books not only taught me how to read, they taught me that reading can be fun.
Read about another book on the list.

--Marshal Zeringue