Monday, August 11, 2014

Ken Kuhlken's "The Good Know Nothing," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Good Know Nothing by Ken Kuhlken.

The entry begins:
I once tried to get The Loud Adios to Steve Martin, thinking a comic actor in a dramatic role might inspire some interesting complexity. Otherwise, after seven Tom Hickey novels, I haven't assigned the role of Tom to any actor, in part because he keeps aging. In The Biggest Liar in Los Angeles, he's 22. In The Vagabond Virgins, he's 74.

But for Tom's sister Florence, who I sometimes consider the main character of The Good Know Nothing, I would cast a clone of Marion Davies, the actress who was also William Randolph Hearst's long-time beloved mistress. Or a clone...[read on]
Visit Ken Kuhlken's website.

Writers Read: Ken Kuhlken.

The Page 69 Test: The Good Know Nothing.

My Book, The Movie: The Good Know Nothing.

--Marshal Zeringue