Thursday, March 12, 2015

Brian Freeman's "Season of Fear," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Season of Fear by Brian Freeman.

The entry begins:
Readers have debated for years about who would star in a film or TV adaptation of my Jonathan Stride series. Russell Crowe? Kyle MacLachlan? As soon as I throw out a name, I get ten names back from readers with other ideas.

With my latest novel Season of Fear, we can start a new debate: Who should play Cab Bolton?

Cab may be an even tougher call than Stride. As the son of a Hollywood actress, Cab needs some star power on the screen. He’s charming and funny, and he has a distinctive look, too: six-foot-six, spiky blond hair, ski slope nose, diamond earring. When I envisioned Cab in my head, I saw him as something like a young Peter O’Toole.

But who would play him today?

There aren’t many stars with the sky-high stature of Cab Bolton. On the other hand, acting is all about attitude, and that’s what it takes to capture Cab. He’s the kind of hero who takes the world seriously — but himself not at all. He’s smart, and he doesn’t mind being underestimated by people who don’t think he looks like a cop. He always...[read on]
Learn more about the books and author at Brian Freeman's official website and blog.

The Page 69 Test: Stripped.

My Book, The Movie: Stripped.

The Page 69 Test: Stalked.

My Book, The Movie: Spilled Blood.

The Page 69 Test: The Cold Nowhere.

My Book, The Movie: Season of Fear.

--Marshal Zeringue