Monday, August 10, 2015

David Hofmeyr's "Stone Rider," the movie

Featured at My Book, the Movie: Stone Rider by David Hofmeyr.

The entry begins:
I’m thrilled to say Working Title films have bought the option to make the film and they have already drafted in Dave Andron of Justified fame to pen the script.

If you’d have asked me to pick a screenwriter, I couldn’t have made a better choice. I love his writing. His dialogue is superb and he knows how to deliver a superb villain.

In terms of casting, it’s more difficult, because with YA books to film you’re often dealing with unknowns or kids with one or two films under their belt. But for the male characters I liked Theo James in Divergent. He’d be closest to...[read on]
Visit David Hofmeyr's website.

Stone Rider is one of Rachel Paxton-Gillilan's five YA books for Mad Max fans.

My Book, the Movie: Stone Rider.

--Marshal Zeringue