Friday, April 15, 2016

Ten top books about freedom

Scottish writer Karen Campbell is the author of six novels, most recently Rise and This is Where I Am. One of her top ten books about freedom, as shared at the Guardian:
What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami

This meditation on the freedom of the open road also shows how your mind is at liberty to wander to strange and lovely places precisely when you’re engaged in repetitive, mindless rhythm. Having recently started running (again), I can relate to the experience of plodding perseverance interspersed with wee bursts of joy, and I love how Murakami uses it to reflect on his creative philosophy and the rhythms of his own writing life.
Read about another book on the list.

What I Talk About When I Talk About Running is among Lauren Passell's top seven books that belong on every runner’s bookshelf.

--Marshal Zeringue