Sunday, May 29, 2016

Harlan Coben's 6 best books

Harlan Coben's latest novel is Fool Me Once.

One of his six best books, as shared at the Daily Express:
MARATHON MAN by William Goldman

This story of two brothers and a surviving Nazi was my first adult thriller. You could have put a gun against my head and I wouldn’t have noticed because it was so gripping.

It was probably more of an influence on me than any other book. Subconsciously I thought nothing could be cooler than a job where you could make people feel this way.
Read about another book on the list.

Marathon Man is on Jeff Somers's list of "five characters that are basically superheroes, despite appearing in books that aren’t in any way speculative fiction," Paul McEuen's six favorite books list and Howard Gordon's list of the five best thriller plots with terror themes.

--Marshal Zeringue