Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Bren McClain's "One Good Mama Bone," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: One Good Mama Bone by Bren McClain.

The entry begins:
I had no one in mind to play the roles as I wrote the book. But, now that I think about it, Reese Witherspoon would play an awesome Sarah Creamer, my main character, a woman in her late 20s, from the deep rural South and with a fierce determination soaked in tenderness. Reese is Southern, a mom, and one smart actress, who loves to play strong women. The cool thing is, when we meet Sarah, she doesn’t know she is strong, but the reader does. Part of the joy of writing the book was to see that light bulb come on for Sarah.

My antagonist is Luther Dobbins, a hard, crusty, bigshot wannabee cattle farmer, in his 40s. I’d love to see...[read on]
Visit Bren McClain's website.

My Book, The Movie: One Good Mama Bone.

--Marshal Zeringue