Thursday, March 09, 2017

Yoojin Grace Wuertz's "Everything Belongs to Us," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Everything Belongs to Us by Yoojin Grace Wuertz.

The entry begins:
It might be every writer’s dream to have her book made into a movie, and I’m no exception. I would particularly love to see this happen because it’s rare, almost unheard of, for an American film to have a predominantly Asian cast, with Asian leads—and of course this movie would have to have both. And a period and foreign setting on top of it all! Expensive! But what a strong affirmation of diverse storytelling it would be. Trendsetting, or rather trend-bucking, like the brilliant #starringJohnCho meme that projects what major movies would look like if they had cast an Asian-American lead.

For Jisun, I like Karen Fukuhara, who recently played Katana in Suicide Squad: another strong female character with a complicated history and a family vendetta. For Namin, I would love to cast...[read on]
Visit Yoojin Grace Wuertz's website.

My Book, The Movie: Everything Belongs to Us.

--Marshal Zeringue