Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Susan Furlong's "Splintered Silence," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Splintered Silence by Susan Furlong.

The entry begins:
Splintered Silence is set in deep Appalachia and portrays a secretive subsect of American culture, the Irish Travellers. I like to think of it as My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding meets The Fall meets The Outsiders, with a dark and twisted tone.

When I think dark and twisted, I think of Arya Stark in Game of Thrones, played by actress Maisie Williams. Fast forward Arya about ten years and you have Brynn, an Irish Traveller and the protagonist of Splintered Silence. Brynn is damaged, but strong and carries a deep sense of justice. She loves her family, and especially her dog and K9 partner, Wilco. An ex-marine, Brynn is a warrior, powerful, aggressive, and willing to fight and die for a cause. As Arya Stark, Maisie Williams epitomizes this type of woman. She’d be...[read on]
Visit Susan Furlong's website.

My Book, The Movie: Splintered Silence.

--Marshal Zeringue