Friday, February 16, 2018

R. E. Stearns's "Barbary Station," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Barbary Station by R. E. Stearns.

The entry begins:
People keep talking about how cinematic Barbary Station is, but I never thought about it that way while I was writing it. When I'm thinking of how characters look I reference images of non-celebrities, like pictures I stumble across on Instagram while I'm looking for something else, or hair models for cosmetology students. It reminds me that I'm writing about people who have neither the time nor the money for professional physical training.

Of course, one point-of-view character would rather be running than walking in any given situation (that's Iridian,) so somebody like Dominique Tipper, Florence Faivre, or Freema Agyeman could play her easily. It helps that we already know from Sense8 that Ms. Agyeman doesn't mind kissing women on screen.

Casting Iridian's girlfriend Adda would be harder. She's curvy in a different way than....[read on]
Visit R. E. Stearns's website and Twitter perch.

Writers Read: R. E. Stearns.

My Book, The Movie: Barbary Station.

--Marshal Zeringue